Immune checkpoint inhibitors and CAR T-cell therapy have revolutionized the treatment of cancer in the past decade. As these therapies are gaining rapid FDA approved indications for the treatment of multiple malignancies, more immune related adverse events have been reported with post-marketing experience. This Management of Adverse Effects with Immunotherapy course provides important information on the management of adverse effects with immunotherapy.
Upon completion of this course, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians will be able to:
- List the immune checkpoint inhibitors.
- List the common adverse events of immune checkpoint inhibitors.
- Describe the clinical presentation for common immune related adverse events.
- Compare and contrast treatment options for common immune related adverse events.
- List the rare adverse events of immune checkpoint inhibitors.
- Discuss the management of rare adverse events associated with immune checkpoint inhibitors.
- Describe the mechanism of action of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy.
- List the CAR T-cell agents.
- Discuss the management of adverse events associated with CAR T-cell therapy.
- Discuss the future of immunotherapy.
Authors: Thao K. Huynh PharmD BCOP
Contact Hours: 3 Hours
Activity Type: Knowledge-Based Home Study
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians
Cost: $15 / Participant
Course No: Pharmacist: 0384-9999-19-112-H04-P Technicians: 0384-9999-19-112-H04-T
Release Date: 09/13/2019 Expiration Date: 09/13/2022
Course Completion Certificate: A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email. Credit will be reported to CPE monitor within 30 days of completion.
National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing education.
Biologix Solutions LLC is approved as a Joint Provider of continuing pharmacy education by NPTA. Approval
Disclaimers: Mr. Phillip has no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this program. This program received no commercial support and has been peer-reviewed to ensure non-commercialization.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.