This course will assist pharmacy professionals in caring for patients with anemia of chronic disease and chronic kidney failure in their traditional roles of medication management and patient monitoring and counseling, as well as additional roles such as early identification of patients who would benefit from alternative treatment approaches to potentially improve patient outcomes and minimize the disease burden.
Upon completion of this course (Management of Anemia of Chronic Disease and Kidney Failure), pharmacists and pharmacy technicians will be able to:
- Describe anemia arise as a complication of several chronic diseases and chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Describe the pathophysiology and etiology of anemia of chronic disease
- Discuss the prevalence of anemia of chronic disease and CKD
- List the Symptoms and Physical Findings of anemia of chronic disease and CKD
- Discuss the differential diagnosis of anemia of chronic disease and CKD
- Identify ways in which anemia of chronic disease and CKD is diagnosed
- Discuss the management of anemia of CKD
Author: Elvia Sellountos, Pharm D, RPh
Contact Hours: 2 Hours
Activity Type: Knowledge-Based Home Study
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians
Cost: $15 / Participant
UAN: Pharmacist: 0384-9999-22-709-H01-P Technicians: 0384-9999-22-709-H01-T
Release Date: 05/27/2022 Expiration Date: 05/27/2025
Course Completion Certificate: A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email. Credit will be reported to CPE monitor within 30 days of completion.
National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing education.
Biologix Solutions LLC is approved as a Joint Provider of continuing pharmacy education by NPTA. Approval
Disclaimers: Elvia Sellountos has no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this program. This program received no commercial support and has been peer-reviewed to ensure non-commercialization.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.