The Management of Medical Emergencies in Dental Clinic independent self-study course has been developed for dental settings to provide evidence based information on management of common medical emergencies in a dental clinic. The course work is designed by General Dentist with over 25 years of experience in general dentistry.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe emergency preventive procedures and preparedness in the dental office.
- Explain the importance of obtaining a pretreatment health history from each patient.
- Describe the procedure for obtaining a blood pressure, pulse, respirations, and temperature.
- Demonstrate the initial sequence of patient assessment in an emergency.
- Identify how stress and anxiety can lead to medical emergencies.
- Recognize the signs or symptoms of impending or developing emergencies.
- List the general steps to be taken when a medical emergency arises in a dental office.
- Identify the type of emergency when given a patient situation and describe the necessary emergency care.
- Identify the contents of an emergency kit.
- Describe the medico-legal implications of medical emergencies.
Contact Hours : 4 (Four)
Fee: $35 / Participant (Group discount available for > 5 participant)
Author: Dr. Thomas Karginis, DMD, General Dentist practicing over 25 years.
AGD PACE Subject Code: 142 – Medical Emergency Training and CPR
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.