Rheumatoid Arthritis is a complex and ever-changing disease with treatment options that are just as intricate. Treatment regimen is based on disease severity, location of injury, comorbidities or contraindications, cost of drug, and the need for monotherapy or a combination of drugs. This educational activity will review the pathophysiology, clinical presentation, and diagnosis of RA. The current ACR guidelines for treatment will be reviewed along with the current therapies. Methods used to measure and monitor the effectiveness of treatment, along with patient education, will also be discussed.
Upon completion of this course, participant will be able to:
- Discuss lifestyle changes and non-pharmacologic treatments, particularly exercise and changes in diet, that can slow disease progression
- Review presenting symptoms in early and late stages of RA
- Recognize treatment goals and the importance of monitoring
- Identify novel and upcoming agents in therapy
- Describe the pathophysiology and etiology of rheumatoid arthritis and associated mechanisms of inflammation, joint swelling, and cartilage damage
- Consider differences between different DMARDs (traditional or non-biologic, biologic, and combination regimens), including mechanisms of action, side effects, and routes of administration
- List the benefits of precision medicine and individualized therapy on treatment outcomes
- Define guidelines for tapering and potentially discontinuing DMARD therapy in disease remission
- Categorize disease severity
- Assess a patient’s risk of CVD once diagnosed with RA
- Understand diagnostic criteria and parameters for remission
- Distinguish between disease stages (early and established) and identify pharmacologic treatments appropriate for each
Contact Hours: 3 Hours
Course Fee: $15 / Participant
Author: Alyssa Yousif, PharmD
Target Audience: Nursing Healthcare Professionals
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education and state mandated compliance training for healthcare (Dental, Pharmacy, Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Massage Therapy, and Body Art Professionals), and non-healthcare professionals needing to fulfill their mandatory training and continuing education hours to obtain or maintain state/local license. Please visit our approval sections (Click Here) for the full list of approvals across all disciplines.