Massage therapy can provide substantial pain relief for many lower back problems. Specifically, for pain caused by a back strain, when the correct muscle is targeted, the pain can be controlled at its source for quicker and lasting relief. The participant will learn about the populations impacted by lower back pain, as well as specific types, causes, structures involved, and how best to use massage therapy.
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to learn:
- Describe the anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology of the low back
- List the etiology of back pain
- Discuss the most common causes of back pain
- Define the characteristics of sciatica
- Differentiate sciatica from other pathologies
- Apply a thorough evaluation necessary to develop an effective treatment
- Demonstrate practice of test assessments to rule out other conditions of the low back
- Discuss the massage therapy considerations for lower back pain
- Demonstrate techniques for lower back pain massages
- Illustrate the application of massage techniques to treat the client
Contact Hours : 2.0
Method of Instruction: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Format: Non-Interactive
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email.
Cost: $15 / Participant
NCBTMB CEUs: 1.0 – Category: Therapeutic Massage (Pending Approval)
The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) Approved Provider. Provider ID: 1000555 (Expires: March 03, 2024).
State Board of Massage Therapy Approved (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee) – CE Broker 50-20979