Medical Cannabis in Pain Management course will focus on one aspect of treatment, cannabinoid analgesia. In order to fully understand mechanisms of action of cannabinoids in pain management, it will be necessary to give an overview of the endocannabinoid system (eCS), a system many health professionals have never heard of, a system we were never taught about in our formal health education.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- Brief history of medical cannabis
- Difference between industrial hemp and medical Cannabis sativa L.
- How medical cannabis helps in pain management
- Therapeutic strength and ratios of THC to CBD
- 5 primary functions of the endocannabinoid system
- Cannabis and Dentistry
- Role of the Pharmacist in Medicinal Cannabis
- Cannabis Medicine in Occupational and Physical Therapy
- Pharmacology of medical cannabis
- Known drug interactions with medical cannabis
- Effect of cannabis on P450 liver metabolism
- Adverse effects of medical cannabis
- States with active medical cannabis laws
- Side effects of cannabis
- Withdrawal symptoms of cannabis
- Patient & Family Education About Medical Cannabis
Author: Steven Leonard-Johnson, RN, PhD
Contact Hours : 5 Hours
Cost: $40 / Participant
Target Audience: Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Other Healthcare Professionals
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: Biologix Solutions LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing Approved Provider (CEP15746), Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, South Carolina, District of Columbia, West Virginia Board of Nursing Approved Provider (CEBroker 50-12950).
Nursing Continuing Education Courses Approved By Other Board of Nursing are accepted by / satisfies continuing education requirements in following States (Please refer to State Board of Nursing Rules & Regulations for most current requirements and continuing education hours requirements for your profession): Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. For specific information, please contact your State Board of Nursing.