Metabolic syndrome comprises many risk factors, including but not limited to high blood sugar, hypertension, and dyslipidemia, the incidences of which are continuing to rise in the United States. It is important for pharmacists to be familiar with the various components of metabolic syndrome so that they can perform appropriate screenings in at-risk patients and encourage therapeutic lifestyle changes. Healthcare providers can also make drug-therapy recommendations to help prevent further complications associated with metabolic syndrome.
Upon completion of this course, participant will be able to:
- List the criteria for the clinical diagnosis of metabolic syndrome
- List the risk factors for developing metabolic syndrome
- Recognize the etiologic factors that are correlated with metabolic syndrome
- List the diseases that are commonly associated with metabolic syndrome
- Counsel a patient on the non-pharmacological treatment for metabolic syndrome
- Recognize the pharmacological parameters for managing a patient on anti-obesity medications as indicated for metabolic syndrome
- Recognize the pharmacological parameters for managing a patient on lipid lowering medications as indicated for metabolic syndrome
- Explain the role of the renin angiotensin system inhibitors in patients with hypertension who have metabolic syndrome
- Recognize the clinical significance of how the different diabetic agents are beneficial in metabolic syndrome
- Recognize the pharmacological parameters for managing a patient on specific diabetic medications as indicated for metabolic syndrome
- Recognize why Cilostazol is beneficial in metabolic syndrome
- Recognize the pharmacological parameters for managing a patient on Cilostazol as indicated for metabolic syndrome
- List the long-term consequences of metabolic syndrome
Contact Hours : 3 Hours
Course Fee: $15 / Participant
Author: Stacey Schneider, Pharm D
Target Audience: Nursing Healthcare Professionals
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education and state mandated compliance training for healthcare (Dental, Pharmacy, Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Massage Therapy, and Body Art Professionals), and non-healthcare professionals needing to fulfill their mandatory training and continuing education hours to obtain or maintain state/local license. Please visit our approval sections (Click Here) for the full list of approvals across all disciplines.