This course encompasses various aspects of methamphetamine use, abuse, and addiction. It discusses risk factors for use, symptoms of use, and withdrawal symptoms. It also discusses strategies to evaluate abuse/addiction and covers multiple treatment aspects. This course will help inform strategies to manage this addiction.
Upon completion of this course, participant will be able to:
- Describe the history of medical and non-medical uses.
- Discuss the epidemiology and prevalence of methamphetamine use.
- Describe the pathogenesis of methamphetamine.
- Discuss methamphetamine is produced and misused.
- Discuss the risk factors and indicators of abuse.
- Discuss the short-term and long-term adverse effects including crystal methamphetamine effects.
- List the stages of use and their psychological and physical effects.
- Discuss the stages of addiction and associated comorbidities.
- Describe the toxicokinetics and pathophysiology of methamphetamine toxicity.
- Discuss the use characteristics of methamphetamine abuse.
- Describe the most common signs and symptoms of methamphetamine withdrawal during the different phases of withdrawal.
- Discuss drugs commonly used with methamphetamine.
- Discuss the effects of methamphetamine use in women and pregnancy.
- Summarize the presenting signs of methamphetamine toxicity.
- Discuss the stages of methamphetamine recovery.
- Discuss available medication treatment and management strategies including non-pharmacological therapies available for methamphetamine toxicity.
Contact Hours : 3 Hours
Course Fee: $15 / Participant
Author: Desiree Reinken, RN, BSN, MSN, NP-C
Target Audience: Nursing Healthcare Professionals
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education and state mandated compliance training for healthcare (Dental, Pharmacy, Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Massage Therapy, and Body Art Professionals), and non-healthcare professionals needing to fulfill their mandatory training and continuing education hours to obtain or maintain state/local license. Please visit our approval sections (Click Here) for the full list of approvals across all disciplines.