This Michigan Human Trafficking Training for All Healthcare Professionals will provide a basic overview of human trafficking (e.g., the scope, definitions and frameworks, contributing factors, different forms). The course will attempt to provide practitioners a glimpse of the lives of human trafficking victims, including physical, psychological, social, and sexual abuse that human trafficking victims experience and the types of control tactics perpetrators use. Specific interventions and responses will be covered, including mental health, social services, educational, prevention, and legal efforts.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- Define human trafficking.
- Identify the forms of human trafficking.
- Recognize factors associated with greater risk of being a victim of human trafficking.
- Identify indicators that contribute to human trafficking.
- Identify a victim of human trafficking in a healthcare setting.
- Explain the psychological, health, and social consequences of human trafficking.
- Interviewing strategies to assess and identify victims and promote the ethical treatment of trafficking victims.
- Describes procedures for sharing information related to human trafficking with a patient.
- Describe various educational, prevention, mental health, legal, and social services interventions and responses targeted to human trafficking victims.
- Appropriately report victims of human trafficking.
Contact Hours : 2 Hours / 2 PDR
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cost: $15 / Participant
Target Audience: All Healthcare Professionals
Approvals: Biologix Solutions is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education (CE) for Nursing, Medical, Dentistry (AGD PACE Subject Code: 166 Human trafficking), Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and other healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Mandatory For: Michigan (Michigan Human Trafficking Training)