This online terrorism/bioterrorism response module has been developed to provide the most current information from the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on diseases and agents most commonly used as chemical, biological, radiologic, and nuclear weapons. It Outlines recommendations, best practices and discusses the components and use of the Health Alert Network (HAN) to Bioterrorism Response.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define acts of terrorism/bioterrorism and weapons of mass destruction (WMD).
- Identify the major biological threat agents.
- Describe the natural transmission of Category A biological agents.
- Describe clinical presentations of Category A biological agents.
- Describe available treatments and prophylaxis options
- Identify the conditions and agents most commonly used as chemical, radiologic, and nuclear weapons.
- Summarize the clinical features and treatment of acute radiation exposure.
- Define the epidemiologic clues to, and symptoms of a chemical release, along with appropriate first-receiver actions.
- List the CDC recommendations for responding to an incident of bioterrorism and identify best practices for hospitals faced with a bioterrorism event.
- Explain the use of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) structure and State/National Health Alert Network (HAN).
Contact Hours : 4 Hours
Course Format: Online Independent Self-study Course.
Certificate: Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email
Approved By: Nevada State Board of Dental Examiners & Nevada Board of Nursing (Nevada Board of Nursing Rule Approved Provider)
Note: This course DOES NOT provide AMA Category-1 credit.
Biologix Solutions LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing Approved Provider (CEP15746), Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, South Carolina, District of Columbia, West Virginia Board of Nursing Approved Provider (CEBroker 50-12950).
AGD PACE Approval: Biologix Solutions LLC is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal dental continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership, and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2021. Provider ID: 352738.