This online Terrorism Response / Bioterrorism Response training module has been developed to provide the most current information from the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on diseases and agents most commonly used as chemical, biological, radiologic, and nuclear weapons. It outlines recommendations, best practices and discusses the components and use of the Health Alert Network (HAN) to deal with terrorism response.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define acts of terrorism/bioterrorism and weapons of mass destruction (WMD).
- Identify the major biological threat agents.
- Describe the natural transmission of Category A biological agents.
- Describe clinical presentations of Category A biological agents.
- Describe available treatments and prophylaxis options
- Identify the conditions and agents most commonly used as chemical, radiologic, and nuclear weapons.
- Summarize the clinical features and treatment of acute radiation exposure.
- Define the epidemiologic clues to, and symptoms of a chemical release, along with appropriate first-receiver actions.
- List the CDC recommendations for responding to an incident of bioterrorism and identify best practices for hospitals faced with a bioterrorism event.
- Explain the use of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) structure and State/National Health Alert Network (HAN).
Contact Hours : 4 Hours Course Format: Online Independent Self-study Course.
Certificate: Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email
Approved By: Nevada State Board of Dental Examiners Approved Provider
Note: This course DOES NOT provide AMA Category-1 credit.
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course. Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
AGD PACE Reporting: Within 24 Hours of Completion.