This online independent self-study continuing education course has been developed for dental settings to provide evidence based information on use of Nitrous Oxide (N2O ) sedation and Occupational Safety in dental settings. This course is a comprehensive review of the history of nitrous oxide chemical & physical properties, the clinical administration of N20, patient selection criteria and most current OSHA guidelines for workplace safety and methods to minimize exposure for dental healthcare professionals.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- The history and mechanism of action of Nitrous Oxide as an anesthetic agent.
- Indications for use of nitrous oxide/oxygen analgesia/anxiolysis
- The administration process of Nitrous oxide.
- Contraindications for use of Nitrous Oxide in clinical dentistry.
- Patient assessment to evaluate suitability for Nitrous Oxide sedation.
- Post procedural side effects (signs and symptoms) of exposure.
- Nitrous Oxide utilization in a dental practice.
- OSHA/NIOSH workplace monitoring, safety guidelines and recommendations.
- Post-exposure evaluation of employees in a dental office.
Contact Hours : 3 (Three)
Fee: $30 / Participant (Group discount available for > 5 participant)
Author: Stephen Lau, DDS, General Dentist practicing over 25 years.
AGD PACE Subject Code: 132 – Anesthesia and Pain Control (Electives)
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
AGD PACE / CE Broker Reporting: Within 24 Hours of Completion.