Maxillofacial infections are one of the oldest disease processes treated by oral and maxillofacial surgeons. They commonly present to the office, or in severe cases to the hospital emergency room. Although the majority of infections can be treated in a non-emergent fashion, early recognition and correct management of severe infections can be life saving. The purpose of this course is to emphasize to dental professionals the importance of quickly identifying and treating oral and maxillofacial infections.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- The components of the host defense against infection in the oral cavity.
- The bacterial, viral and fungal pathogens responsible for odontogenic and maxillofacial space infections.
- The most common odontogenic infections of various origins, their clinical manifestations, etiology and treatment of odontogenic infections.
- The bacterial, viral and fungal infections in HIV & immunocompromised patients.
- The complications of odontogenic infections and pathway of spread to fascial spaces of head and neck.
- Classification of oral and maxillofacial infections,
- The antibiotics used in the treatment of oral and maxillofacial infections.
- Prevention of odontogenic infections through patient education.
Contact Hours : 5 (Five)
Fee: $45 / Participant (Group discount available for > 5 participant)
Authors: Dr. Ritika Agrawal MDS (OMFS), FHNSO. Dr. Agrawal is a comprehensive oral and maxillofacial surgeon currently practicing in Michigan area. Dr. Agrawal is dedicated to his patients comfort and focuses on achieving long lasting solutions pertaining to their overall oral health and wellbeing.
AGD PACE Subject Code: 310 – Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
AGD PACE / CE Broker Reporting: Within 24 Hours of Completion.