Individuals with Special Health Care Needs (SHCN) may be at an increased risk for oral diseases throughout their lifetime. Oral diseases can have a direct and devastating impact on the health and quality of life of those with certain systemic health problems or conditions. These recommendations were intended to educate health care providers, parents, and ancillary organizations about the management of Oral Care for Patients with Special Health Care Needs (SHCN).
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the special health care needs (SHCN) population in pediatric dentistry.
- Discuss the primary and comprehensive preventive and therapeutic oral health care of pediatric dental patients with SHCN.
- Discuss the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry’s recommendations on the management of dental patients with SHCN.
- Discuss the practical oral care for people with developmental and Intellectual disabilities.
- Discuss the health challenges and strategies for care for people with developmental disabilities.
- Discuss the oral health problems and strategies for care for people with developmental and Intellectual disabilities.
Contact Hours : 3 Hours Prerequisite: None
Course Fee: $30 / Participant
Authors: Dr. Ritika Agrawal MDS (OMFS), FHNSO (Dr. Agrawal has worked in a variety of settings for people with special needs including group homes, long term care facilities, and in traditional dental clinics. Dr. Agrawal works in dental settings addressing the access to care issues faced by underserved populations, including those with special needs.)
AGD PACE Subject Code: 750– Special Patient Care (Oral Care for Patients with Special Health Care Needs)
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.