Recreational & illicit drug used and abused is a national concern. The dental professional must be aware of the recreational & illicit drug use, have the knowledge to recognize and treat dental concerns, and provide the patient with cessation information. The intent of this “Oral Implications of Recreational and Illicit Drug Use” continuing education course is to provide an overview of the most commonly used recreational and illicit drugs and how patients using these substances may influence your dental management.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- The prevalence of recreational & illicit drugs used and abused in US.
- The states that have legalized marijuana for medical and recreational use.
- The difference between a social user, substance abuser and addict.
- The stages of substance abuse.
- The causative and contributing factors of illicit drugs used.
- The differences between physical and psychological dependence.
- The oral manifestations resulting from the use of common illicit drugs (marijuana, methamphetamine, cocaine, and heroin)
- The treatment planning for patient with illicit drug used and abused.
Contact Hours : 3 Hours
Fee: $30 / Participant (Group discount available for > 5 participant)
Authors: Jennifer A. Gershman, Ph.D
AGD PACE Subject Code: 157 – Substance abuse (Oral Implications of Recreational and Illicit Drug Use)
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
AGD PACE / CE Broker Reporting: Within 24 Hours of Completion.