This course focuses on applicable definitions and terminology; the normal joint anatomy and functional position of the CMC joint of the thumb, the PIP joints, and the DIP joints; the etiology and pathology of Osteoarthritis of the Hand (OA); the medical diagnosis and treatment of OA; and the role of therapy as it pertains to OA.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- Discuss anatomy, etiology and pathophysiology of osteoarthritis
- Recognize the normal joint anatomy and functional position of the hand
- Describe clinical presentation of osteoarthritis (OA) of the hand
- Discuss risk factors for the development of osteoarthritis (OA) of the hand
- Discuss medical diagnosis of osteoarthritis (OA) of the hand
- Discuss medical and alternative management of osteoarthritis (OA) of the hand
- Discuss physical therapy and occupational therapy management of osteoarthritis (OA) of the hand and post-surgical rehabilitation.
Author: Christine Church , M.S., OTR/L, Elizabeth Anderson, MPT, MPH
Contact Hours: 4 Hours / 4 PDR
Cost: $30 / Participant
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here