This online independent self-study course has been developed for pediatric dental settings to provide evidence based information on management of common pediatric medical emergencies in the dental office. The potential emergencies that may be encountered by the dentists are discussed with respect to their symptoms, treatment, and precautions with special emphasis given to specific modifications necessary for the pediatric patient.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify predisposing factors for common medical emergencies.
- Plan adequate preparation required to manage emergencies in the dental office.
- Identify and assigned role to office staff and medical emergency team.
- Trained office personal on appropriate emergency equipment and drugs available to render treatment when indicated.
- Discuss definitive treatment for the following most popular pediatric medical emergencies encountered in the dental office:
- Acute respiratory insufficiency resulting from obstruction of the airways
- Anaphylactic Allergic Reactions
- Acute Asthmatic Attack
- Local Anesthetic and Vasoconstrictor Toxicity
- Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia
- Diabetic Acidosis
- Respiratory Distress
- Drug Overdose – Benzodiazepines, Narcotics
- Cardiac Arrest
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Angioneurotic Edema
- Adrenal Crisis
Contact Hours : 3 (Three) Course Fee: $30 Prerequisite: None
Author: Dr. Thomas Karginis, DMD (Dr. Karginis has lectured extensively to local, national and international professional organizations on the topics implant dentistry, infection control, medical emergencies, and the management of the medically compromised patients.)
AGD PACE Subject Code: 142 – Medical Emergency Training and CPR
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.