This course (Pennsylvania Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting in accordance with ACT 31 of 2014) is developed to better prepare healthcare and non-healthcare professionals who are considered mandated reporter to recognize and report child abuse, child maltreatment, and child neglect.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- Describe child abuse and neglect reported to child protective services agencies in the United States and Pennsylvania.
- Describe child welfare in Pennsylvania.
- Differentiate between Child Protective Services (CPS) and General Protective Services (GPS).
- Define child abuse components, categories, and exclusions.
- Recognize indicators of physical abuse, mental abuse, sexual abuse, trafficking, physical neglect, and abandonment of an infant.
- List provisions and responsibilities for reporting suspected child abuse.
- Explain the mandated reporters’ Right-to-Know.
- Recognizing and responding to victims’ disclosures.
- List health care provider’s responsibility of mandatory notification of substance exposed infants (act 54 of 2018 update)
- List penalties for failure to report (act 88 of 2019 update)
- Identify the reporting process for suspected child abuse, including protections for reporters and penalties for failure to report.
Contact Hours: 3 Hours
Fee: $20 / Participant
Authors: Steven Leonard, Ph.D., MSW, LICSW, Kathy Harkins, BS, MSW, Juanita Holliman, RN, BSN, MSN, PhD
Activity Type: Knowledge-Based Home Study
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Mandated Reports, Healthcare/Non-Healthcare Professionals, and Funeral Directors
Approved By: Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and Pennsylvania Department of State (DOS) – Approval
Pennsylvania Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting CE Provider Number: CACE000073
Program Number: CAPR000071 | CE Course #: BS000002
Reporting to Pennsylvania Department of State (DOS)/Board: Biologix Solutions submit attendance/participation records electronically to Pennsylvania Department of State (DOS) Licensing System within 24 hours of completion.
Course Completion Certificate : A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
AGD PACE Subject Code: 155 – Child Abuse Identification & Reporting