Many aspects of dispensing medical marijuana (cannabis dispensing) are still unclear, but the push for pharmacists to take part is happening. Pharmacists have the skills, training, and experience to help patients manage marijuana use. This course (Pharmacists’ Role in Cannabis Dispensing and Counseling) will give a pharmacist the information to be able to counsel and manage a patients use of medical marijuana including a review of the laws associated with marijuana use for approved medical indications.
Upon completion of this course, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians will be able to:
- Define Medical Marijuana
- Define Cannabinoids
- Distinguish between CBD and THC
- Recognize what is meant by the term synthetic cannabinoids
- Describe the differences between state versus federal perspective on legal issues surrounding medical marijuana
- Discuss the necessity of a pharmacists’ role at the dispensary level of medical marijuana
- Describe the difference between medical versus recreational use of marijuana
- Describe the pharmacology of marijuana
- List the indications for medical marijuana
- Describe the different dosage forms of cannabis
- List the adverse effects of medical marijuana
- Recognize drug interactions with medical marijuana
- Discuss the detection of marijuana in blood, urine, hair and saliva
Authors: Stacey Schneider, Pharm D
Contact Hours: 3 Hours
Activity Type: Knowledge-Based Home Study
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians
Cost: $20 / Participant
Course No: Pharmacist: 0384-9999-20-501-H01-P Technicians: 0384-9999-20-501-H01-T
Release Date: 04/27/20220 Expiration Date: 04/27/2023
Course Completion Certificate: A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email. Credit will be reported to CPE monitor within 30 days of completion.
National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing education.
Biologix Solutions LLC is approved as a Joint Provider of continuing pharmacy education by NPTA. Approval
Disclaimers: Mr. Phillip has no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this program. This program received no commercial support and has been peer-reviewed to ensure non-commercialization. Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.