In this course, we will examine the immunization duties of the pharmacist. From counseling patients on vaccination recommendations, assessing for vaccination appropriateness, administering vaccines, and monitoring patients for adverse events, pharmacists play a significant role in providing immunization services to the public. Via a discussion of regulatory requirements, we will review some of the recent authority changes and the most current vaccination recommendations.
Upon completion of this course (Pharmacy Based Vaccination – A Comprehensive Review of Current Guidelines), pharmacists and pharmacy technicians will be able to:
- Define vaccination, immunization, and inoculation.
- Identify the role of the pharmacist in vaccination administration.
- Describe the legal authority a pharmacist has been granted to vaccinate.
- Name the type of training a pharmacist/pharmacy technician needs to participate in vaccine administration.
- List the CDC recommended vaccinations for children and adolescents.
- List the CDC recommended vaccinations for adults and groups with specific health conditions.
- Outline strategies for counseling patients on vaccine recommendations.
- Demonstrate proper vaccination administration techniques.
- Identify how to manage a medical emergency following administration of a vaccine.
- Recognize the need for certification in basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation for a vaccinator.
- List the required documentation and reporting duties for immunization records.
- Describe how to conduct a community immunization event.
- Recognize vaccine hesitancy and how to overcome it.
- Discuss the CDC Federal Retail Pharmacy Program for COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Describe the latest FDA updates on available COVID-19 vaccines.
Author: Elvia Sellountos, Pharm D, RPh
Contact Hours: 3 Hours
Activity Type: Knowledge-Based Home Study
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians
Cost: $25 / Participant
Course No: Pharmacist: 0384-9999-21-023-H06-P Technicians: 0384-9999-21-023-H06-T
Release Date: 06/21/2021 Expiration Date: 06/21/2024
Course Completion Certificate: A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email. Credit will be reported to CPE monitor within 30 days of completion.
National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing education.
Biologix Solutions LLC is approved as a Joint Provider of continuing pharmacy education by NPTA. Approval
Disclaimers: Elvia Sellountos has no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this program. This program received no commercial support and has been peer-reviewed to ensure non-commercialization.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.