The purpose of this course is to enable healthcare professionals to define post-traumatic stress disorder, etiology, triggers, warning signs, understand its impact, and be prepared to intervene appropriately in assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of the disorder.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define post-traumatic stress disorder, and three defining features of PTSD.
- Discuss the etiology, causes and prevalence of PTSD
- Describe risk factors associated with developing PTSD
- Describe signs and symptoms of PTSD.
- Describe ways PTSD can be prevented.
- Discuss protective and worsening factors for development of PTSD.
- Discuss tests and diagnostic criteria for diagnosis of PTSD.
- Discuss methods to help trauma victims understand and cope with their trauma
- Discuss a session-by-session treatment protocol that accelerates the healing process
- Determine the best treatment approach for each individual
- Discuss treatment options using psychotherapy, Anti-anxiety and anti-depressant drugs to treat patient with PTSD.
- Discuss therapy options to improve and/or restore the patient’s functional performance and ability to participate in necessary daily activities .
- Describe warning signs of an acute episode of PTSD, and techniques used to manage an acute episode.
Author: Chele Heid PT, CLT, CMT, RYT
Contact Hours : 4 Hours
Cost: $30 / Participant
Target Audience: Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy & Other Healthcare Professionals
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: Biologix Solutions LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing Approved Provider (CEP15746), Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, South Carolina, District of Columbia, West Virginia Board of Nursing Approved Provider (CEBroker 50-12950).
Nursing Continuing Education Courses Approved By Other Board of Nursing are accepted by / satisfies continuing education requirements in following States (Please refer to State Board of Nursing Rules & Regulations for most current requirements and continuing education hours requirements for your profession): Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. For specific information, please contact your State Board of Nursing.