The purpose of this course is to enable healthcare professionals to define post-traumatic stress disorder, etiology, triggers, warning signs, understand its impact, and be prepared to intervene appropriately in assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of the disorder.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define post-traumatic stress disorder, and three defining features of PTSD.
- Discuss the etiology, causes and prevalence of PTSD
- Describe risk factors associated with developing PTSD
- Describe signs and symptoms of PTSD.
- Describe ways PTSD can be prevented.
- Discuss protective and worsening factors for development of PTSD.
- Discuss tests and diagnostic criteria for diagnosis of PTSD.
- Discuss methods to help trauma victims understand and cope with their trauma
- Discuss a session-by-session treatment protocol that accelerates the healing process
- Determine the best treatment approach for each individual
- Discuss treatment options using psychotherapy, Anti-anxiety and anti-depressant drugs to treat patient with PTSD.
- Discuss therapy options to improve and/or restore the patient’s functional performance and ability to participate in necessary daily activities .
- Describe warning signs of an acute episode of PTSD, and techniques used to manage an acute episode.
Author: Chele Heid PT, CLT, CMT, RYT
Contact Hours : 4 Hours (AOTA CEUs—0.4)
Audience: This course is designed for OTs, OTAs, PTs, PTAs and other healthcare professionals
Educational Level: Intermediate
AOTA Classification Codes: Category 2—Occupational Therapy Process
Cost: $30 / Participant
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Other Health Professionals
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC , you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
The assignment of American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) CEU’s does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products or clinical procedures by AOTA or indicate AOTA approval of a certification or other professional recognition. The current term of approval extends from 6/21/2017 through 6/30/2021. Provider ID: 9837.
There are 33 States Currently Recognize AOTA Approved Providers (Click Here) either in regulatory language or by formal written communication to AOTA: Alabama, Arizona, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and NBCOT