The purpose of this course is to enable healthcare professionals to define post-traumatic stress disorder, etiology, triggers, warning signs, understand its impact, and be prepared to intervene appropriately in assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of the disorder.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- Define post-traumatic stress disorder.
- List the three defining features of PTSD.
- Understand causes of PTSD.
- Identify alternate names for PTSD.
- Be aware of risk factors for PTSD.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of PTSD.
- Identify ways PTSD can be prevented.
- Define resilience as it relates to PTSD.
- Identify protective factors for development of PTSD.
- Identify worsening factors for development of PTSD.
- Identify tests for diagnosis of PTSD.
- Understand diagnostic criteria for PTSD.
- List treatment interventions for PTSD.
- Understand results of untreated PTSD.
- Understand considerations for treating a client with PTSD.
- Recognize warning signs of an acute episode of PTSD.
- Considerations during Physical Therapy treatments to manage PTSD.
- Warning signs during Physical Therapy treatment
- How to manage an episode during Physical Therapy treatment session
- Know when to refer a client with PTSD.
- Know to whom to refer a client with PTSD.
Author: Chele Heid PT, CLT, CMT, RYT
Contact Hours : 4 Hours / 4 PDR
Cost: $30 / Participant
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here