The goal of this osteoporosis continuing education program is to update health care professionals’ knowledge about the prevention and management of osteoporosis with emphasis on bone physiology, risk factors, preventive exercise, diet and supplementation regimes, diagnostic tests and techniques, hormone replacement therapy and much more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- Prevalence, epidemiology, and pathophysiology for Osteoporosis
- Physiology of bone formation and low bone mass
- Bone changes associated with age, menopause, and causative factors for Osteoporosis
- Signs and symptoms of Osteoporosis
- Primary and secondary risk factors associated with Osteoporosis
- Clinical diagnosis, available diagnostic testing methods, evaluation and screening of patient with Osteoporosis
- Treatment to prevent further degeneration and to correct underlying medical conditions that cause bone demineralization.
- Prevention through education and lifestyle modification
- Role of physical therapy & occupational therapy is management of Osteoporosis
Author: Elizabeth Anderson, MPT, MPH
Contact Hours : 3 Hours
Cost: $25 / Participant
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here