This course (Prevention and Management of Periodontal Disease) is intended to provide the dental healthcare professionals with an overview of prevention and treatment of periodontal disease. Topics discussed include the risk factors and etiology of periodontal disease, non-surgical periodontal therapy, adjunctive therapies and the role of the dental team in prevention and treatment.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- The prevalence of periodontal disease in the United States.
- The pathogenesis of periodontal disease.
- The risk factors and etiology of periodontal disease.
- The identification of patients at greater risk for periodontal disease.
- The classification of periodontal disease.
- The systemic impact and medical consequences of periodontal disease.
- The periodontal screening tools used in periodontal examination.
- The surgical and non-surgical treatment of periodontal disease.
- The preventive measures and patient education of periodontal disease.
Contact Hours : 3 (Three) Hours
Fee: $25 / Participant (Group discount available for > 5 participant)
Authors: Dr. Robert Vaughn, DDS
AGD PACE Subject Code: 490 – Periodontics (Prevention and Management of Periodontal Disease)
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
AGD PACE / CE Broker Reporting: Within 24 Hours of Completion.