The Self-Care Series for Dental Professionals (Prevention and Management of Repetitive Stress Injuries) is a continuing education focused on prevention and treatment of pain and dysfunction associated with the daily work of dental professionals.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define repetitive stress.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of repetitive stress syndrome.
- Be aware of the increased likelihood of repetitive stress disorders for dental professionals.
- Identify the anatomic make-up of the carpal tunnel.
- Identify the most common repetitive stress syndrome.
- Be aware of treatment options for repetitive stress syndrome.
- Understand the concept of muscular imbalance.
- Understand why movements required in job performance put the dental professional at risk.
- Identify the neck and shoulder injuries common to dental professionals.
- Be aware of treatment options for neck and shoulder injuries.
- Define posture and postural dysfunction.
- Define ergonomics.
- Understand requirements for proper posture.
- Be aware of proper and improper chair-side posture and biomechanics.
- Be proficient in prevention strategies.
- Know when to seek medical intervention.
Contact Hours : 5 (Five)
Fee: $40 / Participant (Group discount available for > 5 participant)
Authors: Chele Heid, PT, CLT, CMT, RYT
AGD PACE Code: Prevention and Management of Repetitive Stress Injuries
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
AGD PACE / CE Broker Reporting: Within 24 Hours of Completion.