Dental providers face many challenges associated with caring for pregnant patients due to this being an often-overlooked. This continuing education course provides evidence-based information on maternal and fetal physiologic considerations and the impact on patient management from an anesthetic perspective using the common sedative and anesthetic agents used during dental procedures and their considerations.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Review the fetal development that occurs as a woman progresses through each trimester.
- List the high-risk pregnancy considerations and the likelihood of developing comorbidities associated with the delay in the age of first pregnancies.
- Discuss the systems overview of pregnancy-related physiologic changes.
- Discuss the pharmacologic considerations, particularly the potential impact on the developing fetus.
- Review the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of selected drugs.
- Review the currently accepted therapies and commonly used agents for pain control, sedation, and general anesthesia in the pregnant patient planning for or undergoing dental treatment.
Contact Hours : 3 (Three)
Course Fee: $30 / Participant
Author: Dr. Stephen Lau, DDS
AGD PACE Subject Code: 340 Anesthesia and Pain Management
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Recorded Video + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.