This course reviews the most common medical errors likely to occur in the practice of dentistry along with highlighting the different types and causes of dental errors, strategies to prevent or control medical/dental errors are presented, and methods of identifying, analyzing, and reporting medical/dental errors are discussed. The Reducing Medical Errors in Dentistry course is intended for all dental professionals, including general dentists and dental specialists, dental hygienists, and dental assistants.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the most common medical errors in the dental practice.
- Identify medical errors associated with prescriptions, therapeutic dosage errors, and diagnostic errors.
- Identify medical errors associated with dental record keeping, informed consent, failure to diagnose, misdiagnosis and failure to refer.
- Discuss best practices for dental patient records.
- Discuss patient safety education and patient safety initiatives.
- Discuss safety goals in dentistry.
- Discuss legal and ethical considerations.
- Discuss efforts at Federal/State to reduce medical errors.
Contact Hours : 2 (Two)
Fee: $20 / Participant (Group discount available for > 5 participant)
Authors: Dr. Joseph Mitchell, DDS
AGD PACE Subject Code: 159 – Prevention of Medical Errors (Electives)
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
AGD PACE / CE Broker Reporting: Within 24 Hours of Completion.