Pharmacy Professionals have always played an important role in recommending OTC products (Non-Prescription Drugs) to help patients deal with their health issues. By asking their patients appropriate questions, pharmacists can assist in determining whether a patient’s condition is appropriate for self-care. Pharmacists and Technicians can help a patient improve a condition by recommending the best non-prescription drugs and/or recommending non-pharmacologic measures to improve certain conditions.
Upon completion of this course (Pharmacy Professionals Role in the Use of Non-Prescription Drugs), pharmacists and pharmacy technicians will be able to:
- Discuss the expanding definition of self-care.
- List the elements in the full spectrum of self-care.
- Describe the seven pillars of self-care.
- List the five core elements of the Pharmacist Patient Care Process (PPCP).
- Use the Pharmacist Patient Care Process (PPCP) as it applies to self-care.
- List the necessary components to obtain when taking a patient’s health history.
- Set goals of therapy that are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely.
- Outline the six steps for implementing a self-care plan.
- List the components of the QuEST/SCHOLAR-MAC process.
- Recognize why the QuEST/SCHOLAR-MAC process is an accurate and efficient tool for pharmacists to use in the self-care process.
- Recognize how the QuEST/SCHOLAR-MAC and the PPCP are inter-related.
- Apply the QuEST/SCHOLAR-MAC and the PPCP process to recommend appropriate self-care to a patient with vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC).
- Apply the QuEST/SCHOLAR-MAC and the PPCP process to recommend appropriate self-care to a patient with seasonal allergic rhinitis.
- List the advantages of self-care to society.
Authors: Stacey Schneider, Pharm D
Contact Hours: 3 Hours
Activity Type: Knowledge-Based Home Study
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians
Cost: $15 / Participant
Course No: Pharmacist: 0384-9999-23-002-H99-P Technicians: 0384-9999-23-002-H99-T
Release Date: 01/17/2023 Expiration Date: 01/17/2026
Course Completion Certificate: A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email. Credit will be reported to CPE monitor within 30 days of completion.
National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing education.
Biologix Solutions LLC is approved as a Joint Provider of continuing pharmacy education by NPTA. Approval
Disclaimers: Mr. Phillip has no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this program. This program received no commercial support and has been peer-reviewed to ensure non-commercialization.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.