This course provides physical therapy professionals with a comprehensive overview of rotator cuff injuries and examines medical treatment options, physical therapy interventions approaches to the problem. This course provides key information about the shoulder and the rotator cuff, and describes common pathologies a physical therapist may encounter. The course offers insight into examination and evaluation, as well as outlining treatment and rehabilitation considerations for the practitioner.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the anatomy and biomechanics of the muscles of the shoulder joint.
- Understand the etiology and classification of rotator cuff injuries.
- Describe and differentiate different types of rotator cuff tears.
- Understand the non-operative techniques for treatment of rotator cuff tears.
- Describe the rehabilitation principles involved in treatment of rotator cuff injury.
- Develop an appropriate exercise program for injury rehabilitation by incorporating stretching and strengthening techniques.
Author: Elizabeth Anderson, MPT, MPH
Contact Hours : 3 Hours / 3 PDR
Cost: $25 / Participant
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here