Note: This course fulfills State required mandated training for all healthcare professionals.
Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination that violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Title VII applies to employers with 15 or more employees, including state and local governments. It also applies to employment agencies and to labor organizations, as well as to the federal government. This course outlines the basic law pertaining to sexual harassment and provides practical advice to help recognize, and prevent harassment in the workplace.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- Define sexual harassment
- Recognize conduct that could constitute sexual harassment and determining whether the behavior was welcome.
- Explain the statutory regulations and legal background of sexual harassment.
- Explain employer’s responsibility due to acts of managers, supervisors, and acts of co-workers.
- Identify the effects that sexual harassment has on people.
- Implement guidelines for preventive action, including ways of handling claims of sexual harassment complaints.
- Develop a no harassment policy for workplace.
- Communicating the policy with employees and no employees
- Supervisor training
- Investigating complaints
- Interviewing the alleged harasser
- Developing information
- Taking appropriate action
- Taking action even if the investigation is inconclusive
Contact Hours : 2 Hours
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cost: $15 / Participant | Target Audience: Employees & Supervisors
Free California Specific Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (Link): The Department of Fair Employment and Housing provides free online training courses on preventing sexual harassment and abusive conduct in the workplace that satisfy California’s legal training requirements pursuant to Gov’t Code 12950.1.
Approvals: Biologix Solutions is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education (CE) for Nursing, Medical, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and other healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Sexual Harassment Prevention Training – New Illinois State Requirement for 2020.
The 1-hour sexual harassment prevention education mandate applies to ANY profession licensed by the state that requires continuing education as a condition of re-licensure.
New Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Continuing Education (CE) requirement to renew licenses issued by DPR beginning January 1, 2020 – Click Here
Public Act: Click Here
Rules: Click Here
Note: This course fulfills state mandated required sexual harassment training requirements. It does not offer Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE). You must check with your licensing board about counting this course towards continuing education requirements.