Note: AGD PACE Subject Code: 770 Self Improvement (Education intended to increase the productivity or value of one’s self: to change one’s self for the better. These courses are unrelated to the practice of dentistry.)
Repetitive use injury (RUI) in the seated working position can result in significant pain and loss of work, perhaps shortening an otherwise long fulfilling career. Breathing, stretching and strengthening key muscle groups to better support and release tension will lead to freedom in the body, the mind and the spirit. This course focuses on finding the awareness of, stretching and strengthening several key muscle groups that create pain and limited range of motion in habitual poor posture of repetitive positioning while seated.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Learn how and why overuse syndrome can result in pain.
- Understand early identification of imbalance in the body.
- Understand the antagonist/protagonist relationship of muscles at work.
- Use the breath to become aware of body sensation.
- Identify tight tissue or weakness and how to apply stretching or strengthening positions.
- Balance muscle groups while working throughout the day.
- Maintain balance in the body at work and all of life, creating comfort and stability.
- Understand the anatomy of the shoulder joint, limitation and vulnerability.
- Understand the warning signs of pain and imbalance in the shoulder and surrounding tissue.
- Become familiar with the muscle groups of the arms, shoulders, chest and upper back.
- Learn to utilize the breath to become aware of sensation in the upper body.
- Apply strengthening and stretching exercises appropriately to achieve and maintain balance.
- Maintain the balance of the Rotator Cuff and surrounding tissue to create comfort and stability.
Contact Hours : 2 (Two)
Course Fee: $20
Author: Dianne Saywell, RDH, ERYT500, YACEP
AGD PACE Subject Code: 770 Self Improvement (Education intended to increase the productivity or value of one’s self: to change one’s self for the better. These courses are unrelated to the practice of dentistry.)
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.