This online independent self-study course (Substance Abuse Chemical Dependency for Dental Professionals) has been developed for dental settings to provide evidence based information on effect of substance abuse or chemical dependency on oral health. The course work is designed by General Dentist with over 25 years of experience in general dentistry.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand difference between substance abuse, chemical dependency, and drug addiction.
- Understand the Prevalence of substance abuse in the United States.
- Understand the pathophysiology and neurological aspects of substance abuse and addictions.
- Identify commonly abused drugs and substances.
- List the classification and characteristics of commonly used substances.
- List the clinical manifestation of commonly used substances.
- Identify treatment options for substance abuse or addiction.
- Recognizing drug-abusing behavior of substance abuse and dependency.
- Use the screening tools available for dental healthcare professionals.
- Discuss the substance abuse among oral healthcare professionals.
Contact Hours : 3 (Three)
Fee: $30 / Participant (Group discount available for > 5 participant)
Author: Dr. Thomas Karginis, DMD, General Dentist practicing over 25 years.
AGD PACE Subject Code: 157 – Substance Abuse (Substance Abuse Chemical Dependency for Dental Professionals)
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
Fulfills Mandatory Requirements For: Arizona, Connecticut, Oregon, Tennessee (Dental Hygienists), Texas, West Virginia
AGD PACE / CE Broker Reporting: Within 24 Hours of Completion.