There are many types of shoulder conditions that are treated both surgically and non- surgically. The shoulder is a complex structure which can lead to various types of injuries. Shoulder pathology often lead to surgery but may also be treated more conservatively. It is important to understand key anatomy of the shoulder in order to understand how common shoulder pathologies occur such as rotator cuff pathology, shoulder osteoarthritis, shoulder impingement, adhesive capsulitis and other conditions. Post-operative rehabilitation is important following any type of shoulder surgery and the post-operative rehabilitation following a rotator cuff repair, shoulder arthroscopy and a reverse total arthroscopy will be explored in this course.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe anatomy related to conditions of the shoulder including rotator cuff pathology, osteoarthritis and other common conditions.
- List signs and symptoms of common shoulder pathologies.
- List common causes of shoulder injuries.
- Define Rotator Cuff Pathology, osteoarthritis of the shoulder and other common shoulder conditions and discuss treatment options.
- Understand diagnostic testing for shoulder injuries.
- Describe surgical versus non-surgical treatment options for shoulder pathologies.
- Describe overview of surgical procedures to treat rotator cuff pathology and osteoarthritis of the shoulder .
- Discuss non-surgical physical and occupational therapy treatment strategies for shoulder pathology.
- Develop a surgical post-operative rehabilitation protocol for treatment of rotator cuff pathology and osteoarthritis of the shoulder.
- Understand the elements of physical therapy and occupational therapy objective examination for common shoulder conditions- surgical and non-surgical evaluations.
Author: Lisa Augustyn, PT, DPT, Christine Church , M.S., OTR/L
Contact Hours: 4 Hours / 4 PDR
Cost: $25 / Participant
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here