Osteoarthritis is a common condition among the aging adult population. Osteoarthritis can occur in multiple joints in the body and most frequently can occur in the hip, knee, and shoulder. Treatment for osteoarthritis of these large joints of the body may include pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments that may include medication, physical therapy, weight loss intervention, and surgical intervention when needed. Rehabilitation following surgical intervention is important for the patient to regain functional use of the upper or lower extremity. It is important to understand rehabilitation protocols and precautions following total joint replacements. This course can give you a good understanding of how osteoarthritis is diagnosed and non-operative and operative treatment of osteoarthritis.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- Describe anatomy related total joint replacements of the hip, knee, and shoulder.
- List signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis of the hip, knee, and shoulder.
- Define osteoarthritis and discuss treatment options.
- Understand diagnostic testing hip, knee, and shoulder osteoarthritis.
- Describe surgical versus non-surgical treatment options for osteoarthritis.
- Describe overview of surgical procedure of a total hip, total knee, total shoulder and reverse total shoulder replacement.
- Describe the differences between a total shoulder arthroplasty or revere total shoulder arthroplasty and the path of determining the appropriate surgery.
- Develop a surgical post-operative rehabilitation protocol for post-operative management of total joint replacements of the hip, knee, and shoulder.
- Understand the elements of physical therapy objective examination for a patient following a total joint replacement.
- Understand complications following total joint replacement surgeries.
- Describe surgical outcomes following total joint replacement surgeries.
Author: Lisa Augustyn, PT, DPT
Contact Hours : 4 Hours / 4 PDR
Cost: $30 / Participant
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here