The purpose of this course is to review the current literature on pain assessment and treatment with understanding the pain pathway, and the components of pain that can assist the therapist in determining the most effective means to intervene. Choosing the most appropriate outcome measure to assess pain. Multimodal treatment, and multidisciplinary team approach in helping patients manage pain experiences, this includes the therapeutic use of self to gain trust and develop rapport to create a healthy therapeutic relationship, cognitive-behavioral interventions, as well as addressing the motor and sensory components of pain.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the pain, the pathways associated with pain and how the body processes pain for acute and chronic pain disorders or injuries.
- Discuss and recognize the multiple dimensions of pain and the effects of each including: physiological, behavioral, sensory, affective, and cognitive.
- Identify commonly used and appropriate pain assessments for the patient/diagnosis.
- Discuss the strengths and limitations of commonly used pain assessments.
- Identify 5 commonly used treatment interventions supported in the literature for pain control/relief.
- Understand and provide a rationale for the appropriate intervention for the reduction or control of pain.
Author: Dianna Lunsford OTD M.Ed. OTR/L CHT
Contact Hours : 4.00 Hours / 4 PDR (AOTA CEUs—0.4)
AOTA Classification Codes: Category 2—Occupational Therapy Process
Educational Level: Intermediate
Cost: $30 / Participant
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Other Health Professionals
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC , you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
The assignment of American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) CEU’s does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products or clinical procedures by AOTA or indicate AOTA approval of a certification or other professional recognition. The current term of approval extends from 6/21/2017 through 6/30/2025. Provider ID: 9837. Approval
There are 33 States Currently Recognize AOTA Approved Providers (Click Here) either in regulatory language or by formal written communication to AOTA: Alabama, Arizona, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and NBCOT