Mandatory For: Connecticut, District of Columbia
Working with LGBTQ Patients in Healthcare Settings course is designed for all health care professionals and non-healthcare professionals to provide information and resources on the health issues and inequities affecting LGBTQ communities.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- Discuss common terms and language of sexual and gender identity of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer (LGBTQ) community.
- Discuss the ways to create a welcoming clinical environment for LGBTQ patients.
- Identify barriers to care faced by the LGBTQ community.
- Discuss additional considerations for clinicians while caring for LGBTQ patients.
- List communication strategies to improve culturally competent care of LGBTQ patients within your practice.
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate: A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email.
Cost: $15 / Participant
Target Audience: All Healthcare Professionals
D.C. Law 21-95. LGBTQ Cultural Competency Continuing Education Amendment Act of 2016.
Approvals: Biologix Solutions is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education (CE) for Nursing, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and other healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Note: This Working with LGBTQ Patients in Healthcare Settings course fulfills mandated training requirement for All Healthcare Professionals. Some licensing board do/don’t count this mandatory requirement towards required CE hours for license renewal, please check with your licensing board to use mandatory hours to be counted for CE requirements.