Working with LGBTQ Patients in Healthcare Settings – 2 Contact Hours
Course Curriculum: Click Here
Target Audience: All Healthcare and Non-Healthcare Professionals
Mandatory For: Connecticut, District of Columbia
This course (Working with LGBTQ Patients) is designed for all health care professionals and non-healthcare professionals to provide information and resources on the health issues and inequities affecting LGBTQ communities.
Upon completion of this course (Working with LGBTQ Patients), you will be able to learn:
- Discuss common terms and language of sexual and gender identity of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer (LGBTQ) community.
- Discuss the ways to create a welcoming clinical environment for LGBTQ patients.
- Identify barriers to care faced by the LGBTQ community.
- Discuss additional considerations for clinicians while caring for LGBTQ patients.
- List communication strategies to improve culturally competent care of LGBTQ patients within your practice.
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate: A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email.
Cost: $15 / Participant
Target Audience: All Healthcare Professionals
Approvals: Biologix Solutions is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education (CE) for Nursing, Medical, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and other healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Note: This course fulfills Mandated Training Requirement for All Healthcare Professionals. Some licensing board do/don’t count this mandatory requirement towards required CE hours for license renewal, please check with your licensing board to use mandatory hours to be counted for CE requirements.