Bullying occurs in all sectors of health care and is a significant, under-reported occupational health and safety issue. Bullying has a profound effect on targets, witnesses, clients, health-care organizations and bullies themselves. Zero-tolerance for workplace violence policies exist, however, these policies are often not enforced. This course (Workplace Bullying and Disruptive Behavior) is designed to assist staff recognize and successfully deal with healthcare workplace bullying.
Upon completion of this course (Workplace Bullying and Disruptive Behavior), you will be able to learn:
- Describe what constitutes workplace bullying.
- Describe the prevalence of workplace bullying.
- Describe the examples of bullying.
- Describe corporate/institutional bullying.
- Recognize and respond to factors that increase the risk for bullying behavior.
- Discuss the impact of bullying on people and organization.
- Understand the difference between bullying from harassment
- Discuss preventative measures that employee and organization can take to promote a safe and secure work environment.
- Outline elements of a workplace bullying prevention program and barriers to its effectiveness.
- Discuss effective institutional and employer initiatives to reduce workplace bullying.
- Describe disruptive behavior in healthcare
- Discuss effective institutional and employer initiatives to reduce disruptive behavior.
Contact Hours : 1 Hour
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cost: $10 / Participant | Target Audience: Employees & Supervisors
Approvals: Biologix Solutions is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education (CE) for Nursing, Medical, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and other healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.