Workplace violence is an issue that is beginning to get more attention, but remains under-reported and misunderstood. While a handful of shocking and high-profile incidents have the power to capture the public’s attention, the vast majority of incidents stay under the public radar. This online course provide details on types of workplace violence, including bullying, harassment, and abuse. Identify risk factors in the healthcare industry, vertical and lateral violence, safety hazards, and measures for dealing with aggressive persons.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- Describe what constitutes violence in the workplace.
- Discuss types of workplace violence and its impact in the workplace.
- Describe the incidence and consequences that may result from acts of workplace violence.
- Recognize and respond to workplace risk factors.
- Identify workers’ responsibilities in responding to and measures for de-escalation in cases of aggressive persons.
- Discuss preventative measures that employers can take to promote a safe and secure work environment.
- Outline elements of a prevention program and barriers to its effectiveness.
- Discuss effective institutional and employer initiatives to reduce violence in workplace.
Contact Hours : 2 Hours
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cost: $15 / Participant | Target Audience: Employees & Supervisors
Approvals: Biologix Solutions is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education (CE) for Nursing, Medical, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and other healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.