This continuing education course has been designed for all healthcare professionals providing care to patients with, or at risk for wounds. There are numerous factors that increase one’s risk of a difficult-to-treat wound. With an aging population and an expanding number of individuals with diabetes mellitus, which is associated with wounds of various types, healthcare professionals in all settings need a working knowledge of skin integrity issues, including risk factors associated with altered skin integrity, recognition of various types of wounds, preventative measures, and effective interventions. This course has been designed to provide healthcare professionals with a working comprehension of the etiology, treatment modalities, and prevention strategies currently available for the various types of wound encountered in our professional settings.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the structure of skin.
- Discuss the types of wound.
- Understand the phases of normal wound healing process.
- Describe the factors that hinder wound healing.
- Discuss proper way to cleanse the wound.
- Discuss the care for an acute wound.
- Different ways to close an acute wound.
- Discuss multidisciplinary approach in wound management.
- Discuss occupational therapy in wound care management
- Discuss physical therapy in wound care management
- Discuss modalities & procedures utilized in wound healing
- Discuss with patient regarding emergency care for an acute wound
- Identify the signs and symptoms of an infected wound.
- Discuss wound care – patient advice
Author: Lisa Augustyn, PT, DPT, Christine Church , M.S., OTR/L
Contact Hours: 6 Hours / 6 PDR
Cost: $40 / Participant
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here