Body Art Professionals
Approved Online Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) Training for Tattoo Artists, Body Piercers, and Other Body Art Professionals
|1376||Bloodborne Pathogens for Tattoo Artists & Piercers (All States - Except CA, FL, MN)||Tattoo/Piercing BBP||Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming||$24.95||alabama alaska arizona-course arkansas colorado connecticut delaware district-of-columbia georgia hawaii idaho illinois indiana iowa-course kansas kentucky louisiana maine maryland-course massachusetts-course michigan mississippi missouri montana nebraska nevada new-hampshire new-jersey new-mexico new-york north-carolina north-dakota ohio oklahoma oregon-course pennsylvania puerto-rico rhode-island south-carolina south-dakota tennessee texas utah vermont virginia washington west-virginia wisconsin-course wyoming|
|1375||Florida - Bloodborne Pathogens & Communicable Diseases for Florida Tattoo Artists||Tattoo/Piercing BBP||Florida||$49.50||florida-course|
|1374||Florida - Bloodborne Pathogens for Florida Body Piercer (Annual Refresher Course)||Tattoo/Piercing BBP||Florida||$43.00||florida-course|
|1372||California - Bloodborne Pathogens for California Body Art (Except LA & Sacramento)||Tattoo/Piercing BBP||California||$24.95||california-course|
|1371||Los Angeles & Sacramento County - Bloodborne Pathogens for LA & Sacramento Body Art||Tattoo/Piercing BBP||California||$24.95||california-course|
|1370||Minnesota - Bloodborne Pathogens Training for Minnesota Body Art Professionals||Tattoo/Piercing BBP||Minnesota||$35.00||minnesota-course|
- Tattoo Artists
- Body Piercers
- Permanent Cosmetologists
- Permanent Make-Up
- Subdermal Implants
- Tongue splitting
- Transdermal Implants
This course provides training as required by OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29CFR 1910.1030). Material covered in the course includes definitions of bloodborne pathogens, modes of transmission, universal precautions, engineering and work practice controls, exposure control plans, hepatitis B vaccinations, and other information needed to the safety of the tattoo artist or body piercer. Additional topics on infection control, aseptic techniques, and prevention of disease transmission are also included in this course. While these topics are not required as part of the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard, they are required by some states, and we highly recommend these topics even if it’s not required in your location.
Course Approvals/Acceptance: Biologix Solutions LLC’s online bloodborne pathogens training for body art professionals is approved / accepted by all most all State licensing agencies, local public health departments for initial and license renewal. Some States / Local Health Departments / Licensing Agencies do not endorse nor approve bloodborne pathogens classes or trainers, but accepts body art industry specific courses that meet OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard 29CFR 1090.1030 requirements. We strongly encourage you to check with your State/Local licensing agency for most current requirements to obtain/renew body art license and bloodborne pathogens courses accepted by them.
Course Objectives – Upon completion of this course, you will be able to
- Understand the purpose of OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard, how it applies to the body art industry, and need for bloodborne pathogens & infection control training for tattooing, piercing artists and permanent makeup artists.
- Medical/health issues associated with body art industry.
- How cross contamination and contact transmission occurs in shops.
- Bloodborne pathogens (HIV, Hepatitis B virus, Hepatitis C virus) & selected communicable diseases (Hepatitis A, Staphylococcus auerus infections, including MRSA, Tuberculosis, Impetigo, Scabies, Ringworm, Molluscum Contagiosum, Herpes Simplex, and Herpes Zoster)
- Identification of the disease
- Description of the infectious agent
- Mode of transmission
- Incubation period
- Period of communicability
- Prevention of transmission in the tattoo establishment
- Know the minimum operational requirements (sanitary and safety requirements) related to the design and operation of tattoo establishments, and temporary establishments.
- Know the Standard Precautions and available PPE to prevent transmission of bloodborne pathogens & common skin infections.
- Know the basics of infection control, sterilization by autoclave, and aseptic techniques used to prevent disease transmission in the tattoo establishments.
- Know the steps to take following an exposure incident.