Massachusetts Nursing Continuing Education
Approved Online Continuing Education (CEs/CNEs) for Massachusetts Nursing Professionals.
Massachusetts Nursing Continuing Education Requirements
Biologix Solutions LLC is an approved provider of nursing continuing education courses by the California Board of Nursing (CEP – 15746), Board of Nursing in Arkansas, Florida, District of Columbia, Georgia, and South Carolina (CE Broker: 50-12950). Continuing education sources, Providers approved by another state’s board of nursing are approved CE sponsors by Massachusetts Nursing Board.
Massachusetts Nursing CE Requirements (Click Here): The Board of Registration in Nursing (Board) defines Continuing Education (CE) as planned, organized learning experiences designed to augment the knowledge, skills, and attitudes for the enhancement of nursing practice, to the goal of improving health care to the public. A CE program does not require the approval of the Board or of a professional nursing organization in order for the nurse to meet the Board’s regulations for license renewal.
- Massachusetts Nursing CE Requirement :Continuing Education (CE) in Nursing consists of planned, organized learning experiences designed to augment the knowledge, skills, and attitudes for the enhancement of nursing practice, with the goal of improving health care to the public. The overriding consideration in determining whether a specific program/offering qualifies as acceptable CE is that it be a planned program of learning which contributes directly to the professional competence of the licensed nurse. The nursing regulations pertaining to CE can be found at 244 CMR 5.00: Continuing Education . All licensed nurses in Massachusetts nurses are required to obtain 15 contact hours (CH) of CE prior to renewing their license. Renewal is on your birthday in the even numbered year for RNs, and odd numbered year for LPNs. If this is your first renewal, there is no CE requirement. Only CHs earned within the two years immediately preceding your license renewal date satisfy the requirement.When you renew your license, you attest under penalties of perjury to compliance with state tax and child support laws, mandatory reporting laws, and regulations pertaining to your practice, including CE requirements.The Board may request verification of compliance at any time. It is the responsibility of each nurse to maintain evidence of continuing education completion for the most recent two consecutive renewal periods (four years).
Education requirements for prescribers: To apply for prescriptive authority from MA Controlled Substance Registration (MCSR) and to renew your APRN authorization every two years, all prescribers must complete education relative to:
- Effective pain management
- The risks of abuse and addiction associated with opioid medication
- Identification of patients at risk for substance use disorders
- Counseling patients about the side effects, addictive nature and proper storage and disposal of prescription medications
- Appropriate prescription quantities for prescription medications that have an increased risk of abuse
- Opioid antagonists, overdose prevention treatments and instances in which a patient may be advised on both the use of and ways to access opioid antagonists and overdose prevention treatments.
Nursing Continuing Education Courses Approved By Other Board of Nursing are accepted by / satisfies continuing education requirements in following States (Please refer to State Board of Nursing Rules & Regulations for most current requirements and continuing education hours requirements for your profession): Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. For specific information, please contact your State Board of Nursing.
Biologix Solutions LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing Approved Provider (CEP 15746), Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, South Carolina, District of Columbia, West Virginia Board of Nursing Approved Provider (CEBroker 50-12950).
Important Information: Biologix Solutions LLC attempts to keep the information on this web page as current as possible however; because CE requirements are dynamic and due to the volume of license and certification boards and individual requirements, we strongly encourage interested individuals to check with their licensing or certification board prior to registration to insure that the particular CE applies. Please do not hesitate to contact the Biologix Solutions LLC to confirm what CE is available for a particular course.