Washington HIV/AIDS – BBP

Washington State Required HIV/AIDS – Bloodborne Pathogens Training

SKUCourse NameCategoriesTagsPrice
1350Washington - HIV/AIDS for Washington Healthcare Professionals - 7 HoursState Mandated Courses, Compliance, Washington HIVWashington$35.00
1349Washington - HIV/AIDS for Washington Healthcare Professionals - 4 HoursState Mandated Courses, Compliance, Washington HIVWashington$25.00
1348Washington - HIV/AIDS for Washington Healthcare Professionals - 3 HoursWashington HIVWashington$20.00
1347Washington - HIV/AIDS for Washington Healthcare Professionals - 2 HoursWashington HIVWashington$15.00
1204OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens for Healthcare and Laboratory Workers - 2 HoursBloodborne Pathogens, Compliance, Washington HIVAlabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming$15.00

Washington AIDS Education and Training Attestation Requirement:

The State of Washington has a legal requirement that certain identified workers have training related to HIV AIDS. Please visit WDOH HIV/AIDS Training For Licensure – Healthcare Professional Credentialing Requirements webpage to find HIV/AIDS education requirements specific to your profession including how many hours are required.

You can find your application and HIV/AIDS education requirement by doing the following steps:

  1. Find your profession you want information about and click on the link.
  2. Look to the right of the page to find the Profession Links box. You will find an Applications/Forms link in this box. If you do not find the box at the right of the page, it means that page is still under construction. In that case, you will find your application at the far left of the page in the directory.
  3. Select your application, and look through it to find the AIDS Education and Training Attestation section. This describes your AIDS education requirements specific to your selected profession including how many hours are required.

Biologix Solutions HIV/AIDS Training is Approved for: Advanced emergency medical technician, Advanced registered nurse practitioner, Affiliate sex offender treatment provider, Agency affiliated counselor, Animal control agencies and non-profit humane societies, Animal massage practitioner, Associate-advanced and independent clinical social worker, Athletic trainer, Audiologist, Cardiovascular invasive specialist, Certified adviser, Certified counselor, Chemical dependency professional, Chemical dependency professional trainee, Chiropractic X-ray technician, Chiropractor, Controlled substance researcher, Dental anesthesia assistant, Dental assistant, Dental hygienist, Dentist, Denturist, Dietitian and nutritionist, Dispensing optician, Dispensing optician apprentice, East Asian medicine practitioner, Emergency medical responder, Emergency medical technician, Expanded function dental auxiliary, Genetic counselor, Health care assistant, Hearing instrument fitter/dispenser, Home care aide, Hypnotherapist, Licensed practical nurse, Licensed advanced social worker, Licensed independent clinical social worker, Limited physician and surgeon, Marriage and family therapist, Marriage and family therapy associate, Massage therapist, Medical assistant – certified or interim, Medical assistant – hemodialysis technician, Medical assistant – phlebotomist, Medical assistant – registered, Mental health counselor, Mental health counselor associate, Midwife, Naturopath, Nursing assistant – certified, Nursing assistant – registered, Nursing home administrator, Nursing pool, Nursing technician, Occupational therapist, Occupational therapist assistant, Ocularist, Ocularist apprentice, Optometrist, Orthotics/prosthetics, Osteopathic physician and surgeon, Osteopathic physician assistant, Paramedic, Pharmacies and other pharmaceutical firms, Pharmacist, Pharmacy assistant, Pharmacy intern, Pharmacy technician, Physical therapist, Physical therapist assistant, Physician and surgeon, Physician assistant, Podiatric physician and surgeon, Psychologist, Radiologic technologist, Radiologist assistant, Recreational therapist, Reflexologist, Registered nurse, Respiratory care practitioner, Retired volunteer medical worker, Sex offender treatment provider, Speech-language pathologist, Speech-language pathology assistant, Surgical technologist, Veterinarian, Veterinary medication clerk, Veterinary technician, and X-ray technician.

When you submit your paperwork to the licensing agency for your particular profession, you will sign a declaration that you have completed this education. It is important to keep records of your HIV/AIDS training to support your statement.

HIV/AIDS Training Requirements

You are required to have AIDS education if you:

  • Work as a health care professional or in a state licensed or certified health care facility in Washington
  •  Want to get a license, certification or registration to practice a regulated health care profession in Washington state.

Return to HIV/AIDS Training with list of classes

AIDS Education Rules

Rules for AIDS Education and Training (Each disciplining authority under chapter 18.130 RCW shall adopt rules that require appropriate education and training for licensees on the prevention, transmission, and treatment of AIDS. The disciplining authorities shall work with the office on AIDS under RCW 70.24.250 to develop the training and educational material necessary for health professionals.)

Who Must Obtain AIDS Education (All practitioners must demonstrate completion of four or seven clock hours of AIDS education prior to initially obtaining a health care credential. Refer to the specific profession rules to determine the number of hours of AIDS education and training that are required.

Acceptable AIDS Education and Training

(1) The regulatory entity will accept education and training that is consistent with the model curriculum available from the office on AIDS.

(2) AIDS education and training must include, but is not limited to, the following: Etiology and epidemiology; testing and counseling; infection control guidelines; clinical manifestations and treatment; legal and ethical issues to include confidentiality; and psychosocial issues to include special population considerations.)
Application Information

Look up your application for your profession on the Professions – New, Renew or Update webpage.  The AIDS Education and Training Attestation section lists how many hours of AIDS education your profession requires.

When you submit your paperwork for your profession, you sign that you completed this education. Keep records to support your statement . The training is a one-time requirement, and must cover specific topics.

Employees of Health Care Facilities

HIV/AIDS education on prevention, transmission and treatment is required for employees of state licensed or certified health care facilities. There is no specific hourly requirement to cover these topics. In general, it should take about 2 hours of education to cover these topics. Biologix Solutions all HIV courses meet this requirement.

Suicide Prevention Training Requirement for Washington Health Professionals:

Legislation (RCW 43.70.442) requires that the health professions listed below take a suicide prevention course that meets their hour and content requirement before the end of the next full continuing education reporting period. Implementation dates vary by profession. After identifying the suicide prevention training requirements for a profession, find courses on the 2017 Model List.

For specific questions about your own suicide training requirements or whether a particular training is appropriate for your health profession, please contact the program manager or executive director of your profession’s board or commission.

Suicide Prevention Training: People in the following professions must complete suicide prevention training: (Click Here)