The purpose of this course (Ethics and Jurisprudence for Alabama) is to provide physical therapists and physical therapist assistants with a theoretical basis for ethical decision-making and knowledge in the Code of Ethics and Guide for Professional Conduct of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), legal standards of behavior, and application of ethical and legal standards to real-life situations, and review of Alabama Physical Therapy Practice Act & Administrative Code.
Upon completion of this course (Ethics and Jurisprudence for Alabama), you will be able to:
- Discuss and explain the ethical and legal concepts important to the profession of physical therapy.
- Recognize the difference between ethics and the law and articulate the basis and sources of law in the United States.
- Distinguish between civil and criminal law as they apply to physical therapy.
- Interpret the American Physical Therapy Association’s Code of Ethics and Guide for Professional Conduct of Physical Therapists.
- Explain the American Physical Therapy Association’s Guide for Conduct of Physical Therapist Assistants and Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Apply ethical and legal standards to the practice of physical therapy.
- Review Alabama Physical Therapy Practice Act Code of Alabama 1975 (Amended)
- Review Alabama Board of Physical Therapy Administrative Code (December 2018)
Author: Elizabeth Anderson, PT, MPH
Contact Hours : 2 Hours
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here