Infection Control CE
State Mandated Infection Control Training / Continuing Education for Healthcare Professionals.
|1450||New York - Infection Control for New York Health Professionals (NYSDOH Approved)||Infection Control Courses, State Mandated Courses, NY Infection Control||New York||$16.99||new-york|
|1073||California: Infection Control (2 Hours) + Dental Practice Act (2 Hours) - Combo||Dental CE, Infection Control Courses, State Mandated Courses||California||$35.00||california-course|
|1072||Infection Control for California Dental Professionals - 2 Hours||Dental CE, Infection Control Courses, State Mandated Courses||California||$20.00||california-course|
|1070||Infection Control for Dental Professionals - 2 Hours||Dental CE, Infection Control Courses||Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming||$25.00||alabama alaska arizona-course arkansas colorado connecticut delaware district-of-columbia georgia hawaii idaho illinois indiana iowa-course kansas kentucky louisiana maine maryland-course massachusetts-course michigan minnesota-course mississippi missouri montana nebraska nevada new-hampshire new-jersey new-mexico north-carolina north-dakota ohio oklahoma oregon-course pennsylvania puerto-rico rhode-island south-carolina south-dakota tennessee texas utah vermont virginia washington west-virginia wisconsin-course wyoming|
|1041||Infection Control for Dental Professionals - 4 Hours||Dental CE, Infection Control Courses, State Mandated Courses||Arizona, Nevada||$40.00||arizona-course nevada|
|1040||Infection Control for Dental Professionals - 6 Hours||Dental CE, Infection Control Courses, State Mandated Courses||Arizona||$45.00||arizona-course|
State Mandated Infection Control Training Requirements:
Health Departments and Licensing Boards in some states require healthcare professionals (dentists, dental hygienists, licensed practical nurses, optometrists, podiatrists, registered nurses, physicians, physician assistants, and specialist assistants) to complete coursework or training appropriate to their practice regarding infection control and barrier precautions, including engineering and work controls to prevent the transmission of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and the Hepatitis b virus (HBV) in the course of professional practice. You must attest infection control and barrier precautions training completion certificate on license renewal and provide a copy of their certificate to the person(s) who maintain their credentialing documentation and licensing board upon request.
The following States require mandatory Infection Control Training / Continuing Education:
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- West Virginia
- New York (Approved by NYSDOH) : For Physicians, Resident Physicians, Registered Nurses (RN), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Podiatrists, Registered Physician Assistants, Special Assistants, Optometrists, Medical Students, and Physician Assistant Students. Other Healthcare Professionals Needing to Satisfy Infection Control Training Requirements. Eligible Groups (Employees, Credentialed/Affiliated Professionals, and Community based Providers.)
Infection Control Continuing Education Course offered by Biologix Solutions LLC is approved for Physicians, Resident Physicians, Registered Nurses (RN), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Podiatrists, Registered Physician Assistants, Optometrists, Medical Students, and Physician Assistant Students.
Biologix Solutions is an approved continuing educational provider of online continuing education courses designed for professionals in various fields who are required to possess a working knowledge of infection control and patient safety practices pertinent to their job responsibilities. All course material is developed and written by experienced Infectious Disease practitioners and specialists in Patient Safety.
The infection control continuing education course is developed by using the most current guidelines issued by the CDC Recommendations to Prevent Healthcare‐Associated Infections. Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC), a federal advisory committee assembled to provide advice and guidance to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
Infection Control Continuing Education Course Covers Following Seven Core Elements in Depth:
- Element I: Responsibility to adhere to scientifically accepted principles and practices of infection control and to monitor the performance of those for whom the professional is responsible.
- Element II: Modes and mechanisms of transmission of pathogenic organisms in the healthcare setting and strategies for prevention and control.
- Element III: Use of engineering and work practice controls to reduce the opportunity for patient and healthcare worker exposure to contact with potentially infectious material in all healthcare settings for bloodborne pathogens.
- Element IV: Selection and use of barriers and/or personal protective equipment for preventing patient and healthcare worker contact with potentially infectious material.
- Element V: Creation and maintenance of a safe environment for patient care in all healthcare settings through application of infection control principles and practices for cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization.
- Element VI: Prevention and management of infectious or communicable diseases in healthcare workers.
- Element VII: Sepsis Awareness and Education.