The Hawaii Physical Therapy Board approved Ethics, Laws, and Jurisprudence course focuses on defining moral, ethical, and legal behavior of physical therapy professionals. The information presented includes the APTA’s Code of Ethics, Standards of Ethical Conduct for the PTA, Guide for Professional Conduct for Physical Therapists and Assistants, the Hawaii State Practice Act, model for ethical decision making, and hypothetical case analysis.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define at least three key concepts related to ethics and professionalism.
- List the 4 bioethical principles.
- Apply a model to solve an ethical dilemma.
- Identify at least two sources of law that govern physical therapy practice in Hawaii.
- Identify the Hawaii State Practice Act to establish the clinical scope of practice in Hawaii.
- Identify the Hawaii license requirements for physical therapists including continuing competence activities.
- Identify case law and malpractice actions from administrative regulation of licensure.
- Review Hawaii Physical Therapy Practice Act — HRS Chapter 461J – Physical Therapy.
- Review Hawaii Administrative Rules 16-110-C Physical Therapy – DCCA
- Case Studies (discussed during the course)
Author: Lisa Augustyn, PT, DPT
Contact Hours : 2.0 CC Units – Hawaii Board of Physical Therapy Approved (Index # 21-075 | 2021 – 2022)
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Cost: $15 / Participant
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Hawaii Board of Physical Therapy Approved – Approval
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here