The course “Ethics and Jurisprudence for Tennessee Physical Therapy” focuses on defining moral, ethical, and legal behavior of physical therapy professionals. The information presented includes the APTA’s Code of Ethics, Standards of Ethical Conduct for the PTA, Guide for Professional Conduct for Physical Therapists and Assistants, the Rules of the Tennessee Board of Physical Therapy, model for ethical decision making, and hypothetical case analysis.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the meaning of ethics and differentiate between the various theories that promote ethical behavior.
- Define the principles of the ethical decision-making model
- Use the APTA Code of Ethics and APTA Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapist Assistant as
tools for ethical decision making
- Define the parameters of informed consent
- Differentiate between appropriate and inappropriate relationships
- Define conflict of interest
- Demonstrate through case analysis the ability to identify ethical conflicts and support a resolution to an ethical
- Describe the purpose of the Tennessee Practice Act and Rules.
- Recognize the types of disciplinary action that may be taken against a licensee.
- Describe offenses that may lead to disciplinary action.
- Explain the rules of supervision for PTA’s and other personnel.
- Describe the Tennessee Practice Act and Rules related to the definition & scope of practice, disclosures, &
- Recognize that there are legal issues and obligations in addition to the Tennessee Practice Act and Rules that
affect physical therapy practice.
- 8 case studies
Author: Lisa Augustyn, PT, DPT
Contact Hours : 4 Hours (0.04 CEUs) – APTA Tennessee Approval Number 2020-151 (July 13, 2020 – July 12, 2021)
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Cost: $20 / Participant
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you
agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled
to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before
purchasing online course.
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here