This online independent study module is approved by the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS), Epidemiology Branch, HIV/AIDS Section. This online training module has been developed to provide a review of HIV/AIDS incidence in Kentucky, modes of transmission, types of HIV tests, prevention, clinical management of HIV/AIDS, and Kentucky law governing HIV/AIDS testing and disclosure. The course meets the Kentucky’s requirement for HIV continuing education for all healthcare professionals.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- Definition and differences of HIV and AIDS
- Epidemiology of HIV and AIDS
- HIV Risk Behavior & Transmission
- Clinical & Oral manifestations of HIV/AIDS
- Testing & Diagnosis of HIV/AIDS
- Methods of prevention of HIV
- Medical treatment & side effects of HIV/AIDS Therapy (High Active Anti-Retro Viral Therapy – HAART)
- Management of HIV in the healthcare workplace in accordance with OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard.
- Legal issues surrounding HIV infection
- Care of individuals infected with HIV (attitudes, risk behaviors, cultural issues)
- Requirements for physicians, health facilities or licensed laboratories to report a positive HIV test or AIDS diagnosis in Kentucky
- Services available through Kentucky’s Ryan White & State funded services programs
- Community based organizations (CBOs) and prevention services resources for HIV information and support in Kentucky.
Contact Hours : 2 Hours
Course Fee: $10 / Participant
Kentucky Cabinet for Health & Family Services Approval # 0415-1608-M
Biologix Solutions LLC’s HIV/AIDS Online Course is Approved by Kentucky Cabinet for Health & Family Services (CHFS) for : Acupuncturists ( 2 hour), Athletic Trainers (2 Hour), Chiropractors (2 hour), Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants (2 hour), Emergency Medical Technicians (2 hour), Nurses (2 hour), Optometrists (2 hour), Paramedics (2 hour), Pharmacists (2 hour), Physical Therapists (2 hour), Physical Therapy Assistants (2 hour), Physicians (2 hour CEU or CME), Physician Assistants (2 hour), Podiatrists (2 hour), and Social Workers (2 hour).
Target Audience: All Healthcare Professionals
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.